‘Come By The Hills – The West Wind Blows’ A double CD with 54 tracks featuring some the best of Connemara talent.
Artists include Fiachra O’ Regan, Liz & Yvonne Kane, Mirella Murray of Cherish the Ladies, Marie Walsh & the late John Gerard Walsh, Michael Heanue, Tommy Kenny from Clifden, Barbara Burke from Carna, Annabella Lydon from Letterfrack.
01. Brendan Ridge – Do What You, Do Well
02. John Leyne – Poem. Daisy
03. Clare Flaherty & Shóna O’Flaherty – Down By The Sally Gardens
04. Leo Hallissey – Poem. The Gift Of Love
05. Frank Coyne – Willie McBride
06. Brendan Flynn – Poem. The Song Of Wandering Aengus
07. Tommy Kenny & Breda O’Toole – Some Enchanted Evening
08. Clare O’Toole-Hallissey – Poem. The Village Blacksmith
09. Fiachra O’Regan – The Job Of Journeywork, Pat Hal’penny’s
23. Eamon Lacey & Jeannie Nee – Connemara Cradle Song
24. Liz & Yvonne Kane – Fiddles – The High Road To Glin, The Low Road To Glin, The Whistler Of Rosslea
25. Ellen Gannon – Come By The Hills
01. Mirella with Cherish The Ladies – The Boat To Bofin, The View Across The Valley, Martin Ainboro’s
02. Patricia O’Toole – Poem. Sheep & Lambs
03. Eileen Keane & Gerry Keogh – April Come She Will
04. Debbie Ruddy – Poem. I Remember, I Remember
05. Kieran Coyne & Liam Aspell – The Little Old Mud Cabin On The Hill
06. Vincent Murphy – Poem. The White Birds
07. Maree McGlynn & Aodán McGlynn – If I Were A Blackbird
08. Michael Gannon – Poem. She Dwelt Among The Untrodden Ways
09. Michael Heanue & Liam Aspell – Will You Go Lassie Go
10. Kathleen Villiers Tuthill – Poem.The Presence Of God
11. Oilbhe Scannell – Vocals, Richard Dunkley – Guitar & Bass – I Believe
12. Mary Faherty – Poem. Life
13. Annabella Lydon – Vocals, Sr. Karol O’Connell – Piano – Panis Angelicus
14. Theresa McLoughlin – Poem. Leisure
15. Leo Morahan & Martina Gavin – Vocals – Travelling People
16. Michael O’Neil, John Gerard Walsh – Music – Poem. The Wayfarer
17. Paddy Flaherty – Vocals, Liam Aspell – Accordion – The Isle Of Inishfree
18. Dr. Ciaran MacLoughlin – Poem. The Green Eye Of The Little Yellow God
19. Mary Corbett-Joyce – Vocals, Aodán McGlynn – Keyboard – Danny Boy
20. Colleen Curran – Poem. In Flanders Fields
21. Peter Carey – Vocals & Guitar – Leaves In The Wind
22. Eamonn McLoughlin – Poem. The Touch Of The Masters Hand
23. Eithne Hannigan – Vocals, Maja Elliot – Piano, Richard Dunkley – Guitar & Harmonica – A Connemara Waltz
24. Stephanie Joyce – Vocals, Aodán McGlynn – Keyboard – She Moved Through The Fair
25. Caitríona Nic Ghiollaphádraig – Poem. Preab San Ol
26. Barbara Burke – Vocals – An Bonnán Bui
27. Tom Mongan – Poem. Mary & Manus
28. Frank Kearney – Galway Bay
29. Marie Walsh – Accordion – Loch na Futhai, The Red Box
The Double CD costs €19.75 which includes p&p to all-most anywhere in the World.
Testimonials regarding the CD
Good luck and continued success with this project and your local Radio. It’s so important that these events are recorded for future generations.
This CD is absolutely brilliant – It is a fantastic production – Do you know there is considerable talent all about you – especially on your own CD
What an emotional treat it was for me. I know quite a few of the songs and most of the poems, especially the ones in Irish, I found it very professional and the poems stirred up a lot of memories from my youth. I was very impressed with the Readers, such beautiful dictation. Poetry is not much appreciated here, unfortunately and, to me it is a great pity.
Grand Rapids, USA
From here, we find that window dressing of Cottage Handicrafts is calling us back. We backtrack and are glad we did. I find a wall that has books and CDs. No books on Kylemore… but a CD jumps out at me.
It has a Hawk’s Head and it reminds me of sweet Mayo (from yesterday’s Hawk Walk). So I decide to buy it (good reason, right?). The ladies at the register enthusiastically tell me I’m going to love the CD, it’s produced by Connemara’s Public Radio station.
And my review: It really IS a great collection of individual artists’ poems, songs and instrumental music. Sample playlist and more on www.connemarafm.com Coming to Ireland? Buy it now, listen, and get into the spirit!
That was my only purchase at Cottage Handicrafts, Roomie however contributed to the region’s economy on a much grander scale. Her review: Shop here!
Fred & Irene Sheridan
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.