Come By The Hills – A 54 track Double CD
‘Come By The Hills – The West Wind Blows’ A double CD with 54 tracks featuring some the best of Connemara talent.
Artists include Fiachra O’ Regan, Liz & Yvonne Kane, Mirella Murray of Cherish the Ladies, Marie Walsh & John Gerard Walsh, Michael Heanue, Tommy Kenny from Clifden, Barbara Burke from Carna, Annabella Lydon from Letterfrack.
- CD 1
- 01. Brendan Ridge – Do What You, Do Well
- 02. John Leyne – Poem. Daisy
- 03. Clare Flaherty & Shóna O’Flaherty – Down By The Sally Gardens
- 04. Leo Hallissey – Poem. The Gift Of Love
- 05. Frank Coyne – Willie McBride
- 06. Brendan Flynn – Poem. The Song Of Wandering Aengus
- 07. Tommy Kenny & Breda O’Toole – Some Enchanted Evening
- 08. Clare O’Toole-Hallissey – Poem. The Village Blacksmith
- 09. Fiachra O’Regan – The Job Of Journeywork, Pat Hal’penny’s
- 10. Eamon O’Cuiv – Poem. Cill Aodáin
- 11. Eileen Keane – Vocals Gerry Keogh – Guitar – Buachaill On Eirne
- 12. Helen King Vocals, John Gerard Walsh Music – Lement For Tomas McDonagh
- 13. Liam Aspell – Vocals & Accordion, Peter Carey – Guitar – Shanagolden
- 14. Mary Carey – Poem. Hope
- 15. Eithne O’Halloran – Vocals, Gerard Joyce – Keyboard – Late Night Grand Hotel
- 16. Mary Ruddy – Poem. Love’s Philosophy
- 17. Fr. Raymond Flaherty – Vocals, Breda O’Toole – Keyboard – Perhaps Love
- 18. Canon James Ronayne – Poem. Lead, Kindly Light
- 19. Jacqueline Hannon – Vocals, Frank Coyne – Guitar – Amazing Grace
- 20. Dave O’Halloran – Poem. The Irish Emigrant
- 21. Clara Coyne – Vocals, Fionnula Hannigan-Dunkley – Concertina – Emigrant Eyes
- 22. Louisa Johnson – Poem. The Little Boy Blue
- 23. Eamon Lacey & Jeannie Nee – Connemara Cradle Song
- 24. Liz & Yvonne Kane – Fiddles – The High Road To Glin, The Low Road To Glin, The Whistler Of Rosslea
- 25. Ellen Gannon – Come By The Hills
- CD 2
- 01. Mirella with Cherish The Ladies – The Boat To Bofin, The View Across The Valley, Martin Ainboro’s
- 02. Patricia O’Toole – Poem. Sheep & Lambs
- 03. Eileen Keane & Gerry Keogh – April Come She Will
- 04. Debbie Ruddy – Poem. I Remember, I Remember
- 05. Kieran Coyne & Liam Aspell – The Little Old Mud Cabin On The Hill
- 06. Vincent Murphy – Poem. The White Birds
- 07. Maree McGlynn & Aodán McGlynn – If I Were A Blackbird
- 08. Michael Gannon – Poem. She Dwelt Among The Untrodden Ways
- 09. Michael Heanue & Liam Aspell – Will You Go Lassie Go
- 10. Kathleen Villiers Tuthill – Poem.The Presence Of God
- 11. Oilbhe Scannell – Vocals, Richard Dunkley – Guitar & Bass – I Believe
- 12. Mary Faherty – Poem. Life
- 13. Annabella Lydon – Vocals, Sr. Karol O’Connell – Piano – Panis Angelicus
- 14. Theresa McLoughlin – Poem. Leisure
- 15. Leo Morahan & Martina Gavin – Vocals – Travelling People
- 16. Michael O’Neil, John Gerard Walsh – Music – Poem. The Wayfarer
- 17. Paddy Flaherty – Vocals, Liam Aspell – Accordion – The Isle Of Inishfree
- 18. Dr. Ciaran MacLoughlin – Poem. The Green Eye Of The Little Yellow God
- 19. Mary Corbett-Joyce – Vocals, Aodán McGlynn – Keyboard – Danny Boy
- 20. Colleen Curran – Poem. In Flanders Fields
- 21. Peter Carey – Vocals & Guitar – Leaves In The Wind
- 22. Eamonn McLoughlin – Poem. The Touch Of The Masters Hand
- 23. Eithne Hannigan – Vocals, Maja Elliot – Piano, Richard Dunkley – Guitar & Harmonica – A Connemara Waltz
- 24. Stephanie Joyce – Vocals, Aodán McGlynn – Keyboard – She Moved Through The Fair
- 25. Caitríona Nic Ghiollaphádraig – Poem. Preab San Ol
- 26. Barbara Burke – Vocals – An Bonnán Bui
- 27. Tom Mongan – Poem. Mary & Manus
- 28. Frank Kearney – Galway Bay
- 29. Marie Walsh – Accordion – Loch na Futhai, The Red Box
The Double CD costs €19.75 which includes p&p to all-most anywhere in the World.
Testimonials regarding the CD
Good luck and continued success with this project and your local Radio. It’s so important that these events are recorded for future generations.
This CD is absolutely brilliant – It is a fantastic production – Do you know there is considerable talent all about you – especially on your own CD
What an emotional treat it was for me. I know quite a few of the songs and most of the poems, especially the ones in Irish, I found it very professional and the poems stirred up a lot of memories from my youth. I was very impressed with the Readers, such beautiful dictation. Poetry is not much appreciated here, unfortunately and, to me it is a great pity.
Grand Rapids, USA
From here, we find that window dressing of Cottage Handicrafts is calling us back. We backtrack and are glad we did. I find a wall that has books and CDs. No books on Kylemore… but a CD jumps out at me.
It has a Hawk’s Head and it reminds me of sweet Mayo (from yesterday’s Hawk Walk). So I decide to buy it (good reason, right?). The ladies at the register enthusiastically tell me I’m going to love the CD, it’s produced by Connemara’s Public Radio station.
And my review: It really IS a great collection of individual artists’ poems, songs and instrumental music. Sample playlist and more on www.connemarafm.com Coming to Ireland? Buy it now, listen, and get into the spirit!
That was my only purchase at Cottage Handicrafts, Roomie however contributed to the region’s economy on a much grander scale. Her review: Shop here!
Fred & Irene Sheridan